Reporting Rents paid to Contractors on Form 1099-MISC
Last modified 6/18/2020 8:18:23 AM EST | Added by Paywow Team

Applicable To
Complete Payroll Contractor Pay Employees Contractors

Rents paid to contractors must be reported in Box 1 of Form 1099-MISC. PayWow gives employers the flexibility to report other payments made to contractors in 1099-MISC. 

Listed below are the steps to report rents paid on Form 1099-MISC:

Select the Appropriate Box for Payment Type:

  1. Go to Settings >> Payroll Settings >> 1099-MISC Mappings.
  2. Make sure payment type Rents is marked Enabled

You also have the option to add custom payments and map the appropriate boxes for those payments.

Pay Contractor

When paying contractors, choose Rents under Other Payments from the list and specify the amount. 

At the end of the year, when 1099-MISC is generated for the contractor, all payments made as Rents to the contractor will be shown in Box 1 of 1099-MISC. All regular payments will be reported in Box 7.

Sign Up for a
FREE Paywow Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 234-6000