Workweek is a period of seven consecutive days used for overtime calculation. An employer can choose to begin the workweek on any day. Because workweek hours may vary from business to business, PayWow provides employers with flexibility in setting the workweek and calculating overtime.
To get a complete overview of the onboarding process with PayWow, click here
Here’s how to set up a workweek for your business:
- Go to Settings >> Payroll Settings >> Payroll Workweek.
- Select Payroll Workweek Start Day. Once selected, the Payroll Workweek End Day will automatically set to 7 days from the chosen start day.
- Select whether your organization follows a 40-hour workweek.
- If you select Yes, click Save.
- If you select No, enter your organization’s workweek hours and overtime start hours, then click Save.
Note: If a pay period has only half a workweek, overtime hours for that workweek will be paid the next pay period.
To learn more about overtime calculations for employees with multiple job roles, click here.
If daily work hours are not tracked using PayWow, the employer must track overtime hours and enter them manually during payroll processing.